Madison-Plains French Club Students gather to visit residents of the London Health & Rehab Center

Beatrice Omwomo

All of the students who attended the trip posed for a photo around the welcome sign

Kaylee Hart

On Tuesday, Feb. 18,  the Madison-Plains High School French Club traveled to the London Health & Rehab Center located in London, Ohio. They spent their time greeting the nurses and passing out cookies to the residents.

The London Health & Rehab Center is a short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing care and long-term care center. They give their services out to the elderly located in Ohio. 

The following students, who attended the trip, are pictured above, from left to right: Jacob Hamet (10), Treasurer Gavin Schleich (10), Kontessa Stephens (10), Anna Morlock (10), Annie Wethington (12), and President Janelle Marks (12).

Just before the trip, the French Club students gathered to create goodie bags full of Oreo and Chips Ahoy cookies. They also created cards reading “Happy Valentine’s Day from the Madison-Plains High School French Club.”

At the center, the students handed out their goodies to the residents and nurses. They were given a tour of the facility and received the opportunity to meet everyone who lived there. French Club President, Janelle Marks, also mentioned how they had conversations that impacted the way they view their lives. 

“It was honestly good to help people. One of the residents that we visited, sat up in bed to receive his cookie and card. When we gave him his cookie, he said god bless you and thank you for thinking of us. That made me appreciate more of the time we have with elderly folks,” Marks stated.

Past member Shyanne Taylor created this idea last year in hopes of raising awareness and helping her community. Although she wasn’t part of the French Club this year, she was still excited to see that they attended the center.

The Madison-Plains French Club is going to continue to travel to the London Health & Center in years to come.