What is Yoga Club?

Ashley Woodard

Yoga Club doing chair yoga led by Ms. Zimmer

Aleah Baum

Mrs. Fletcher and Ms. Zimmer teach Yoga Club on Wednesdays at 3:15 in Ms.Bennett’s room at the Madison-Plains High School. 

What is Yoga? “Yoga helps with physical, mental and emotional stress,” explains Mrs.Fletcher. Fletcher has practiced Yoga for two years, and she loves the mindfulness of it. 

If you are interested in Yoga club for starters sign up, and you can come every Wednesday at 3:15-4:30. It is for students and teachers to reduce anxiety and helps physically as well; all you need to bring is a yoga mat or towel and wear comfortable clothes and bring water. 

Mrs. Fletcher and Ms. Zimmer started the group by talking to fellow staff and students about what they feel about having a yoga club and had all positive responses. So, the staff made flyers and hung them around the school and made online advertisements and a sign-up sheet. 

They also checked out a lot of books from the library to learn more about Yoga practices and how to start up a club for our high school. 

“True yoga is not about the shape of your body, but the shape of your life. Yoga is not to be performed; yoga is to be lived. Yoga doesn’t care about what you have been; yoga cares about the person you are becoming. Yoga is designed for a vast and profound purpose, and for it to be truly called yoga, its essence must be embodied.” – Aadil Palkhivala