Seniors on the Madison-Plains Quick Recall team prepare for final season

Owen Phillips, Publishing Editor

The Madison-Plains High School Quick Recall team practiced Wednesday in preparation for their first match of the 2019-2020 season on Monday against the team from West Liberty-Salem High School.

Last year the Plains team went 11-1 in varsity regular-season play and placed third at their league tournament, winning them the number two varsity spot overall.

The team this year consists of a healthy mix of new and familiar faces as the returning team members prepare to continue the work that began last year and begin to groom the new players to participate in the season. This season sees the return of four-year seniors Spencer Baker, Dani Breen and Owen Phillips, along with the addition of some other senior players, Ian Bowshier, Chris Ernst and Rhyan Goodman.

These players will make up a majority of the varsity team, and they only have plans to improve off of last year’s record, excitedly practicing for this year’s season, with plans to place first in this year and to match, if not improve on, the previous season’s win-loss record.

The Quick Recall team plays in the Ohio Heritage Conference, against seven other teams that play in their area. Quick Recall is the academic trivia bowl competition for the Ohio Heritage Conference, which consists of answering various categories of questions, including but not limited to, Current Events, History, Math, Science, Literature, Politics and Geography. 

The team plays their first match this Monday at West Liberty-Salem High School against the West Liberty-Salem Tigers’ Quick Recall team.