Last Semester Ever of High School

Maylynn Lawler, Staff Writer

Growing up, we have always been going to school. From Kindergarten all the way to high school. Imagine from that point to now you are about to finally be finished with high school. Crazy right? Thinking about graduating excites me, but it also scares me. All I can think about is that once you graduate high school, you have to figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life and your parents are going to expect you to grow up. It’s pretty stressful to think about. 

However, senior year is bittersweet, all you think about is how you won’t be able to do the things you do in high school anymore, and how you may even lose friends. Some people choose to go to college, the military, or they go straight to the workforce. There’s a lot of options to choose from, so you can’t really go wrong with whatever you end up doing. 

Lately, I started realizing how this is actually my last semester of high school and it makes me wonder how it all has gone by so fast. I still remember being a freshman thinking about how slow it was going and wanting to be done with high school, so it makes me surprised how it actually did go by so fast. 

I’m very excited to start a career though and become successful with whatever I decide to get into, but I’m also sad to walk away from a place that makes me who I am. I’m looking forward to being able to stay up late and not have to worry about getting up at a ridiculously early time for school once I graduate.

My parents won’t be as strict about being home at a certain time either, and I’ll have a lot more freedom once I finish high school. I don’t want to wish away my time though since it’s my last year. Basically, all anyone could really do is just enjoy the last semester and be ready for whatever comes next.